From Last Week
Girl Scout Troop 61623 Towel Drive
As part of their service project for the Agent of Change Journey, the girl scout troop 61623, is currently collecting old towels of all sizes and washcloths to donate to the Humane Society for the ongoing care of its over 1000 rescued animals. The towels can be of any condition .. stains and holes are ok! Old blankets are also welcome. The collection boxes are near the lost and found rack at Palo Verde. The collection will go through February 1st. Your donation will help the homeless animals.
Please help by donating !!
Esha Junnarkar (Room #20)
Jenna Nativ (Room #18)
Room 5 Achieved the eScrip Challenge! Register by 2/15.
Congratulations to Mrs. Rice’s Room 5 for achieving the eScrip Challenge! With 75% of families registered for eScrip, each student in Room 5 will receive their “brag bag” prize in the coming weeks. Every class that achieves 75% participation in the eScrip program by February 15th will be a winner, so register soon! Please visit www.escrip.com
TODAY to sign up, so your child’s class can meet the goal. The group number for the Palo Verde is 137331259.
Carpool to School Day, Feb 6
Carpool to school to save gas and time, make friends, and reduce pollution. Carpool to school to:
- Save time and money by sharing transportation responsibilities
- Decrease traffic congestion around your school by reducing the number of single family occupied cars
- Build community by introducing neighbors
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
Join other students carpooling to school on February 6, 2013!
If you walk or bicycle to school, you can set up a rainy day carpool in advance so you can get to school while staying dry!
Carpool to School Website Coming on Feb 6
The traffic safety team is pleased to announce that Palo Verde is becoming part of an increasing network of carpoolers. On February 6, the carpool to school day, we will have access to our own carpooltoschool.com
web portal which we can use to arrange carpools/walk and bike groups with other Palo Verde families not just to school but to other extra curricular activities.
Some of the highlights of the site are
1) Site access is free for Palo Verde’s enrolled families
2) It is secure; the traffic safety team comprising of Anjani Sarma and Silvie Pierce will approve requests for access to the site by cross-referencing users with this year’s school directory . Only currently enrolled families will be provided with access to the site.
3) The site is very easy to use and the built in features like the interactive map,calendar, text-messaging enable you to find out carpoolers who live near you and who want to commute pool to the same activities as you.
Please check next week’s Friday folders for more information on how to sign up and use the site.
And remember Wednesday February 6, is our Carpool/Commute Pool to School Day. Please share a ride to school or walk/bike to school. It is good for the environment and more importantly, it is good for you.
Volunteering at Lunchtime
Thank you for the 14 moms, one dad and one grandma who came to help at lunchtime this school year. We truly appreciate your time and commitment.
We hope more parents can volunteer in 2013 and help us have more caring adults present at lunch recess.
The sign-up sheet for the rest of the school year is up. Please click on the link below and sign up for one day per week, per month or even once. Your child will notice your involvement.
If you have any question, please contact Katie Renati at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 520-0750 .
Take it Personally Study Group – Project Cornerstone
Our dates are: 3/11, 3/18, 3/25, 4/8, 4/15, 4/22
We will meet in the Library from 8:15am to 9:45am on each day.