April 16-May 4 : Star Testing Window for Gr 2-5
April 16-20 : Earth Week Events
April 16 : Disaster Preparedness Drill
April 22 : Palo Verde International Fair
May 5 : Palo Alto May Fete Parade
May 7 : 2012-13 PTA Board Election
Palo Verde and PTA News
Palo Verde International Fair
Sunday April 22, 3-5:00pm
Share your heritage and help bring our community closer!
- Volunteer in a booth for this country ___________.
- Volunteer on a general role during the event.
- T-Shirt Sales-Buy a Palo Verde Earth Week t-shirt and support charity. All proﬁts go to an environmental charity.
- Recycle Drive-Bring in all your plastic bottles and cans (no glass please) during the week. All proceeds will go to charity.
- Build a Library in Malawi-Book Drive. Bring in gently used books PreK-8th grade reading levels. 1000 books!
- No Waste Week-All lunch and snack items should be waste free. Send tupperware and reusable bags.
- Walk & Bike To School – Please walk, bike, scooter, or carpool during the week. Help us reduce the car emissions.
- Raffle Tickets For Green Commuters – Get a raffle ticket on Wednesday morning and win a prize during the Assembly.
- Dress in Green-Show your spirit by wearing green to make others aware that you are doing something for Earth.
PTA General Meeting & 2012-2013 Board Election
The election of 2012-2013 PTA board members will take place during our next General Membership meeting on May 7, 8:20 am at the teachers’ lounge.
The candidates are:
Vice President – Communication:Lili Nova-Roessig
Vice President – Programs & Social Events:open
Vice President – Fundraising:Rebecca Thompson
All PTA members are invited to attend and cast their vote. For more information contact Helena Vincent (email@example.com).
Students with a Camera (SWAC) will be offering 25 min Mini Sessions to capture family and individual portraits at Gamble Gardens. Sessions are $40 and include one 8×10 and an online viewing portfolio of your images. Visit our website to see samples and learn more about our organization. All photographs will be available for digital as well as print purchases and we have a great variety of custom unique gifts and items for your home. Book your session online A.S.A.P at http://www.gunnswac.org 100% of the profits go to benefit local students in their photography pursuits.
Our Children Our Future Education Initiative on November Ballot
The California State PTA supports the Our Children Our Future education initiative for the November ballot. If passed this measure will raise between $10-11 billion each year for 12 years to restore education programs and services our children need now. It devotes funds to state debt reduction.
More information on why California State PTA supports this initiative may be found at
For more information on the initiative itself, please visithttp://www.OurChildrenOurFuture2012.com
- Anatolian Kitchen
- Café Epi
- Siam Orchid
- Sliderbar Café
To search for other participating restaurants, go to http://www.escrip.rewardsnetwork.com. Please just be sure the credit cards you use when you dine out are registered with eScrip. If you aren’t registered for eScrip yet, please go to http://www.escrip.comand complete the registration process; we are group number137331259. If you are registered for eScrip but need to add credit card numbers to your registration, go to http://www.escrip.com and click on “my eScrip”.